WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction: Donate Items
How do I donate items?
There are a few ways you can donate your items to the WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction.
- Call the Auction office at 216-916-6154
- Send an email
- Mail OR drop off your donation: WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction, Idea Center®, 1375 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115-1835
- Donations can be left with security 24/7 at the Idea Center entrance on Dodge Court across from the Playhouse Square garage
- Or, download and print out a donor form
- All items must include a SIGNED and DATED Donor form to be accepted
Whenever possible, items should be dropped off at the station. Limited pick-up service is available. All donated items become the property of WVIZ/PBS ideastream.
Once your item is received in the Auction Office, it will be processed. A donor receipt form will either be given to you at the time of your donation or be forwarded to you after the Auction. If you download the donor form, complete the form and mail it in with your donation to the address listed above. The Auction Office will forward a tax receipt to you after the Auction.
Your donation will make the Auction a success and will support the station’s mission to strengthen our communities by providing distinctive, thought-provoking programs and services that enlighten, inspire, educate and entertain.
What items can I donate?
- Food/Beverage: Certificates for anything related to food, including groceries or food products. Wine and beer also sell well.
- Sports/Entertainment: Tickets to local sporting events (especially those tickets to sold out games!), restaurant certificates, tickets to special events, theater tickets, etc.
- Outdoor Sports: New camping equipment, bicycles, sports equipment, canoes, skis etc.
- Travel: Weekend getaway packages, hotel nights, car rental, luggage, travel accessories, etc.
- Electronic: New audio and video equipment, computers, phones, cameras, etc.
- Garden: New lawn care products, lawn mowers, edgers, snow blowers, lawn care services, etc.
- Household Appliances: New food processors, grills, microwave ovens, small kitchen appliances, vacuums etc.
- Large Appliances: New refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, etc.
- Jewelry: New watches, rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc.
What are the benefits to donating items?
The WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction cannot exist without the support of area businesses and private individuals. There are many benefits associated with participating in the annual event. The WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction will:
- Deliver your message to viewers in 17 counties, including viewers in Cleveland and Akron.
- Reach potential customers who live, work and shop in your neighborhood.
- Showcase your product or service on TV.
- Associate you and your business with the quality public television brand.
- Offer a tax deduction.
The more valuable your donation, the more on-air promotion and visibility your company will receive.
Donation of items valued from $100-$499
- Your item is shown and described on the air.
- Your company name is mentioned twice.
Feature Board donations (items valued from $500-$999)
- Your item is spotlighted in an on-air photo montage (4-5 photos).
- Your item is featured on the WVIZ/PBS website.
Big Board donations (items valued from $1,000 and above)
- Your item is showcased in an on-air photo montage (5-8 photos).
- Your item is presented 2 times for an item valued at $1,000. One additional on-air exposure will be offered for each additional $500 increase in donor value. For donations valued over $10,000 special benefits apply. Contact the Auction Office for information.
- Your item is featured on the WVIZ/PBS website, including a link to your company’s website.
- Your item receives print promotion.
Art, Antiques and Collectibles
- In addition to general merchandise and gift certificates, the WVIZ/PBS Live Televised Auction is a showcase for art, antiques and collectibles. Your donations are gratefully accepted. The on-air presentation is handled by experts in the field.
We have several communities that have donated items from businesses in their area as a way to invite you to spend a day visiting their community. Learn more about destination board sponsorship.
Check back later to see which community will be showcased on a Destination Board.
- Damaged Items
- Floor Samples
- Used Merchandise
- Hard Liquor
- Perishables (can offer the donor the option to provide a certificate)